MARKETING BY (WEB)DESIGN – RATES
I am thinking a fair charge for development of a 5 page site should be $475. That rate will cover about 12 hours of work at $40 an hour, to…
- Have an initial phone/email exchange, to discuss
- the client’s interest/experience with web-marketing,
- their marketing objectives,
- the function a strong web-presence will play,
- the content and graphics materials to be used on the website,
- and a rough plan and schedule for site development.
- Select an appropriate WordPress Theme(either free or premium), Header, Background, Color, Menu
- Once I have received Content and Graphics materials to be used on the site, build the site as directed by the client (# of pages, menus, reasonable limits on # of images per page, widgets/plug-ins for sidebars and footers)
- Present the site to Client, either online or in person / Rearrange, edit as needed / Show again / Re-edit
- Set up site’s WordPress Stats to optimally report site activity, or
- SEO work, such as setting up Google Search Console (formerly “Webmaster Tools”), to optimize Search Engine recognition billed at $35/hour.
- …if not hosted by WordPress.com, connect with Google Analytics (extra $75 charge)
- Determine utility of social media to bring traffic to your site, and offer the additional service (connect existing Social Media accounts to website, or open new accounts and connect), .
- Free hosting and domain when using “wordpress.com”, or $18 – $299 per year with WordPress upgrades*,
- 1 month of free site maintenance and editing (approx. 2 hours… after that, $35/hour).
Other Web-design Services
- Web-site redesign, relocation, or revamping on WordPress – $400 to $1000 (depending on complexity of the transfer, amount of content/graphics, and client’s flexibility regarding site-design)
- Management of existing WordPress site, including updates, content/graphics changes, trouble-shooting, etc. – $35/hour
- A la Carte Site maintenance – $40/hour
- Maintenance packages (2 hr./month, $35/hr.) available for 3 months ($210), or 6 months (2 hr./month, $30/hr.) for $360.**
- E-commerce Shopping Cart Set-up (up to 15 items) – $15 per cart, including payment set-up )using wordpress.com (a Business site upgrade is required, which runs $299 / year).
* – WordPress.com Premium – Domain Name & Mapping, 10GB Space Upgrade, Custom Design, VideoPress, No Ads
** – Web-site maintenance and packages include revisions, updates to content, rotation of graphics and site or link-repair. This is a prepaid web-design service for current customers only.
Scanned / resized photos/images ~ $5 each
Custom Graphics (jpg, pdf, tiff or gif for web) ~ $15 – 30 each*
Semi-Professional Photography ~ $3.00 ea. pic. + $30.00/hour
Let Marketing by (Web)Design know what your specific requirements are for your graphics so we may be able to give you a more accurate price proposal.
* negotiable, depending on complexity of reproduction